The AviationShake 30 most asked questions in entry-level Aviation Interviews
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin
AviationShake helped many individuals to get through interviews with confidence. To help you start preparing for your 'big day' we compiled a list of the most common interview questions asked when applying for passengers service agents, crew, customer service representative and team leaders. If you can answer these with poise and confidence, you're already ahead of the completion!
- How do you measure your success?
- In what ways are you a team player?
- What made you choose this career path?
- How do you handle pressure and stress?
- What is your customer service philosophy?
- What motivates you?
- Why have you applied for this role?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What can you bring to this job above other applicants?
- How would you handle a complaining passenger?
- What has been your greatest achievement?
- How do you think your degree is relevant to this job?
- What do you know about our product and services?
- What are the top skills needed for a customer facing role?
- How do you handle being criticised?
- Could you give me an example of time when you exceeded customer expectations?
- Do you prefer to work on your own or in a team?
- How do you respond to authority?
- How are you at handling conflict?
- What is that attracts you to our company?
- Who else are you applying for?
- What kind of manager you would like to work for?
- Tell me about a time you inspired someone.
- Give me an example of a difficult decision that you have made.
- How do you get the best out of people?
- What would you do if you disagreed with a decision taken by your manager?
- How would you define leadership?
- What makes you a good communicator?
- What is your approach to resolving conflict?
And of course, if you're feeling lost or overwhelmed AviationShake are here to help!
Contact us today on 02034880261 for help with Interviews for Passengers Service Roles